Thursday, December 6, 2012

Five Paws for Frindle!



 I just read the book Frindle. It’s a book about a kid named Nick. He’s a “trouble-making” kid. He always has something new to do.
 In fifth grade Nick made up a new word, frindle. It means pen. He starts using the new word and gets the whole school to use it. His teacher, Mrs. Granger, is against the new word. She starts making kids stay after school for using the word. Will Nick or Mrs. Granger win?

I loved the book Frindle because it’s very exciting. One example is when a news reporter came to the school and asked Nick and Mrs. Granger questions about the new word. I also liked it because you don’t know what’s going to happen next. One moment he’s the only one using the word, and the next, the whole school is using it.

Overall, I would give this book five paws.

 

Posted by: Papa Ceasar

3 comments:

  1. I have read this book in 4th grade. I agree with what you said about not knowing what the book will say next, but I just think it makes the book all the more exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I have read this book too, it was cool!!

    ReplyDelete